ICCQ (Improving Croft and Cowpen Quay) mini site

Welcome to the ICCQ (Improving Croft and Cowpen Quay) section of the site. This area is dedicated to a local resident led charity that continues the work of the Neighbourhood Management Pathfinder Initiative for the Croft ward of Blyth. We are a partnership, involving local residents from the area with a range of local organisations aiming to improve the local neighbourhood and keep it a safe and pleasant place to live.

You can download our latest PDF Bulletin sent out to residents here - ICCQ Bulletin APRIL 2016

18/03/2016 by 
5.00 of 4 votes


Northumberland County Council have a duty to keep our streets looking good all year round. They are responsible for keeping street furniture in a good state of repair and to keep our pavements free of fallen leaves.

What we have agreed...

Northumberland County Council WILL:

  • Remove leaves from tree lined streets and adopted footpaths more often during the leaf falling season

Working with Blyth Town Council:

  • Inspect and maintain street furniture such as seating, signs and litter bins to a safe and acceptable standard throughout the year including minor repairs, painting and staining as appropriate
  • Plant beds in June each year using summer bedding plants and carry out maintenance visits to ensure beds are weeded and dead headed

Residents' Responsibilities:

  • Remove leaves from outside front doors and on private paths
  • Report areas that have not been cleaned and could become slippery in wet weather by ringing Northumberland County Council on 01670 627 000
  • Report any damage or misuse of street furniture by ringing Blyth Town Council on 01670 361 668
  • Report any damage to plant beds and identify where possible the source of the damage by ringing Northumberland County Council on 01670 627 000

Street Lighting

What we have agreed...

Northumberland County Council WILL:

  • Attend all reported faults within 4 working days
  • Replace the tube every 3 years
  • Carry out an electrical safety inspection every 6 years

Residents' Responsibilities:

  • Report any problems, noting the column number and location, to Northumberland County Council on 01670 627 000





Other ways to reach us

  • Email


  • Phone

    01670 542854

  • Mailing Address

    Suite G10, Blyth CEC
    Ridley Street, Blyth
    Northumberland, NE24 3AG