ICCQ (Improving Croft and Cowpen Quay) mini site
Welcome to the ICCQ (Improving Croft and Cowpen Quay) section of the site. This area is dedicated to a local resident led charity that continues the work of the Neighbourhood Management Pathfinder Initiative for the Croft ward of Blyth. We are a partnership, involving local residents from the area with a range of local organisations aiming to improve the local neighbourhood and keep it a safe and pleasant place to live.
You can download our latest PDF Bulletin sent out to residents here - ICCQ Bulletin APRIL 2016
Nobody likes to see litter in our streets. It makes them look scruffy and untidy, is bad for the environment and costs a lot to deal with. At Northumberland County Council we take this issue very seriously. See below for details of how we take a pro-active approach to preventing and responding to this problem. But remember you’ve also got a responsibility to help keep Croft litter free...
What we have agreed...
Northumberland County Council WILL:
- Litter pick your area on a targeted basis to supplement regular litter picking
- Provide public litter bins where appropriate
- Mechanically sweep your streets on a monthly schedule
- Sweep and litter pick the main roads and verges
- Provide additional litter picking where litter hotspots are identified on a targeted basis
- Carry out regular litter patrols and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders
- Not drop litter (remember chewing gum and cigarette ends are litter too)
- Use public bins and encourage others to do the same
- Report streets that get badly littered between sweeps
- Let Northumberland County Council on 01670 627 000 know if a litter bin has been damaged
- Report to Northumberland County Council on 01670 627 000 any public bins that have not been emptied or are over flowing
Your Street Reps suggest:
"Local organisations work with Probation services and others to organise litter picks. Find out how to get in touch with them by calling 01670 627 000 for information."