Accident and emergency service updates in Northumberland
16 December 2015
The following changes to emergency care services across Northumberland has been published by the NHS.
NEW HOSPITAL CRAMLINGTON
GO TO - Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital in Cramlington or call 999 for an emergency ambulance.
- Suspected stroke
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent and severe chest pain
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe blood loss
24HR WALK-IN SERVICES
GO TO - 24 hour walk-in services at Hexham, Wansbeck or North Tyneside general hospitals. For advice contact your GP or call NHS 111.
- Minor head, ear or eye problems
- Broken nose or nose bleed
- Sprains, strains, cuts and bites
- Children’s minor injuries and ailments
- Minor fractures or broken bones
- Abscesses and wound infections
THINK GP FIRST
Treatment, medical advice and support is widely available from your local NHS. Play your part in using services wisely.
- Your GP practice
- Practise good self-care
- Visit your local pharmacy
- Call the free NHS 111 number 24/7
- Minor injury units and walk-in centres
For more information visit - www.northumbria.nhs.uk/emergency