- Injury-hit Bedlington Terriers make appeal for a goalkeeper
- Ashington earn first league win of season over Durham City
- Les Alderson Memorial Cup match hopes to raise £10,000
- Bedlington Terriers pay penalty in 2-0 defeat to Shildon
- Bedlington Terriers ‘down to bare bones’ ahead of three games in six days
- Categorized in: Local Mole
blythtown.net can reveal that Wetherspoons is finally coming to Blyth.
We understand that J D Wetherspoon has now taken ownership of the derelict Wallaw Cinema on Union Street.
The pub chains spokesman Eddie Gershon confirmed in April 2011 that plans were being made to take over the Grade II listed building, but talks then seemed to stall based on the costs to repair the roof of the building (estimated to be around £400,000) and what funding was available to carry this out.
Things have been quiet on this front for a while, but we now understand the plans are going ahead, watch this space.